- Automechanika Shanghai
- Del al
- Shanghai (China)
- Type of product
- Automobile, Home decoration, Hotel industry
- Coastal International Exhibition Co. Ltd.
Do you need a stand?
Give us your contact details and we will connect you with the organiser.
This interview has been arranged by Ms Fiona Chiew is the Deputy General Manager, Messe Frankfurt (Shanghai) Co Ltd, one of the organisers behind Automechanika Shanghai. The show will take place from 28 November to 1 December 2018 at the National Exhibition and Convention Center in Shanghai.
The fair presents a BtoB Networking Platform. Could you explain about it?
Now in its 14th year, Automechanika Shanghai is Asia’s largest trade fair for automotive parts, equipment, accessories and services. The show is in a unique position in that it covers the entire supply chain for the global automotive industry – from parts, components, electronics and systems, to repair, maintenance, accessories, customisation and tyres. This year, the show will welcome an estimated 140,000 buyers and 6,250 exhibitors, who will be meeting and doing business across a huge 350,000sqm of exhibition space.
What are the latest trends in the automotive aftermarket industry? What news have you prepared for the 2018 edition? What are the highlights?
We focused on three key highlights this year which line up with the latest trends of the industry. These can be seen in the show’s special zones and sectors:
Tomorrow’s Service & Mobility Sector
This brand new area will feature the most essential elements of car connectivity. Representing the future of the automotive industry, it also covers many aspects of electronic vehicle innovations, such as electric controls, charging and battery technology, connected cars and testing equipment.
Chain Stores Zone
Also new for 2018, the Chain Stores Zone is a direct response to China’s transforming distribution channels – particularly within the field of repair and maintenance. It will welcome a strong collection of domestic and international chain stores, e-commerce businesses and automotive distributors.
REIFEN (Tyres) Sector
The returning REIFEN covers the very latest tyre, wheel and rim products associated with high performance vehicles, such as self-sealing and lightweight tyres. Fuel efficiency and environmental consciousness will also be a key highlight this year, alongside tyres produced for electric vehicles.
Every year we want to make sure that our show is a true reflection of where the industry stands at that particular time, whether that be an upcoming trend in electronics or car connectivity, or even something as specific as tyres and remanufacturing. The automotive world is always adapting and overcoming new challenges, which is something that we need to be constantly aware of in order to maintain our status as a leading show.
Asia’s largest trade fair for automotive parts, accessories, equipment and services, Automechanika Shanghai will date for the 2-5 December 2015. The influence of Automechanika Shanghai continues to expand annually with many newcomers coming aboard and countless repeat exhibitors opting to expand their exhibition space to reach a broader market. If you are going to exhibit here or you are thinking on visiting, don't miss our interview with the organisers and discover all the novelties and details for Automechanika's next edition in shanghai.
What are the novelties of the next edition?
- New location - The show moves to a new location: National Exhibition and Conventions Center in Puxi, Shanghai. Is an expanded space optimising 280,000 sqm, which is an extraordinary increase of 27 percent from the previous year.
- New exhibitors - As sectors are growing exponentially, new and enlarged exhibitors fill expanded show space. One of the Automechanika Shanghai exhibitors, Tenneco, is a leading manufacturer serving well-known OEM and aftermarket distributors and retailers worldwide.
- New attendees - Among many new attendees this year is Bilstein, an innovative shock-absorber specialist in Germany. The company will showcase their entire range of shock-absorber systems in the show.
- Since 2011, the Accessories & Tuning sector of Automechanika Shanghai has had huge success, increasing by almost 500% - To build on the ample success of the market, the Accessories & Tuning Key Brand Hall has been further amplified to attract and gather big companies from this sector.
3 reasons to visit Automechanika Shanghai
- You will have the opportunity of networking and establishing strong marketing deals with various industry players from all around the world.
- Over 700 worldwide exhibitors from the Repair & Maintenance sector looking to capitalise on this shift in consumer spending will take part in the exhibition.
- Automechanika Shanghai is one of 15 Automechanika fairs held in Africa, Asia, Europe and North, Central and South America. And on every edition the event provides a comprehensive range of seminars and workshops access to various industry sectors and topics.
Benefits to exhibit here?
China has become the manufacturing epicentre of an extremely fast growing automotive market so every year more companies worldwide are eager to explore the automotive sectors and the possibilities available to them.
As an international event, Automechanika shanghai is the perfect platform to inform a broader and knowledgeable audience about your brand value and product strengths.
The significant jump in this sector’s participation in only five years confirms the high regard companies have for the Automechanika Shanghai show as an important channel for their business development, branding, networking and success.
What benefits brings Automechanika Shanghai to the city?
Improved economic conditions among Chinese consumers has shifted the buying power towards more upscale vehicles and products. The quality of goods and maintenance is of greater importance and many shops and companies have enhanced their market to reflect this concept of higher expectations among consumers. Because of this shift in consumer needs, companies within the Repair & Maintenance sector realise Automechanika Shanghai is the perfect platform to demonstrate quality products and market their brand to a wide and knowledgeable audience.
What is the visitors profile?
The visitors for Automechanika Shanghai are people and companies from all around the world - Chinese and overseas visitors - interested in find new products on:
- Parts & Components
- Accessories & Tuning
- Repair & Maintenance
- Electronics & Systems
- Services Station & Car Wash
- Vehicle Production
- IT & Management
And whose purpose is to gather information about those new products and services, purchase, meet and visit their suppliers, seek for representation and also, evaluate the show for exhibiting in the future.
Some participation results from the last edition
- Number of visitors totalled 89,111 (9% increase from 2013) with 26% of them from overseas.
- 4,906 exhibitors (6% increase from 2013) from 39 countries and regions participated.
- 220,000 sqm of exhibition space covering 17 halls and 10 temporary halls.
- 17 overseas pavilions.
Fluent in Spanish and English
Fluent in Spanish, English and German
Fluent in Spanish, English and Portuguese