100% Design is the UK’s largest design trade event, attracting architects, specifiers and designers from across the globe. On September we will have a new chance to enjoy about this amazing event, so take note and don't miss all the novelties for this year's edition.
What are the novelties of the next edition?
The first novelty is that the UK's largest design trade show, will move to its new home Olympia London this September, to celebrate its 21st edition. Staged across the two levels in the Grand and West Halls, the leading features at 100% Design 2015 explore the central theme, Design in Colour, with creative development in association with Studio Design UK.
Design in colour - This year we explore 'design in colour' with WGSN.
Half-Three Café - The concept for this year’s feature café, Half-Three Café is a contemporary take on an English tradition – a multi-sensory experience of taste, aroma and colour, celebrating a broad selection of tea.
- Mattergarden - Is a space conceived as an interactive environment to inspire conversation and engagement amongst visitors.
- Interiors’ Feature - The overall show theme, Design in Colour resonates strongly in the Interiors section of 100% Design 2015. The feature creates a series of spaces that
visitors can enter from different locations and discover a different experience each time.
- Show Entrance - Studio Design UK has again partnered with leading contemporary crystal manufacturer Lasvit (right, Crystal Rock by Arik Levy) and UK materials company Camira Fabrics to create a suspended entrance feature that is set to inspire show visitors.
- Central Bar - A colour-inspired pavilion in the central bar presents a dynamic structure which offers an aesthetically pleasing interpretation of the show’s theme, Design in Colour.
- Auditorium - This year’s auditorium is designed by textile artist and designer, Anne Kyyrö Quinn – a creation of textured wall coverings and artwork, all tailor made within the designer’s London studio.
- Restaurant - Working with specialist catering company Levy Restaurants, the menu, environment and service have been brought together to create an exceptional offer for visitors and exhibitors to meet, eat and enjoy.
3 reasons to visit 100% Design
- 100% design as part of London Design Festival, is UK's largest design trade show, with over 400 UK and international designers and companies exhibiting.
- The festival includes popular talks programme, Talks with 100% Design, will also return with headline speakers including Ilse Crawford.
- 100% Design is always known for its leading position in commissioning thought-
provoking editorial content: to question, inform and invigorate the A&D community. And since its inceptions, it has become the benchmark event for promoting design excellence and creativity, both within and outside the UK.
What are the exhibition sections?
Five industry sections will return to the show, of which Kitchens & Bathrooms, Workplace and Design & Build will present innovative ideas and the latest technology for those specialist sectors. You will also find the Interiors and Emerging brands sectors.
Some participation results from the last edition
100% Design continues to attract record numbers of visitors year-on-year. Its 2014 edition attracted:
- Over 28,300 attendees
- A 36% increase in total footfall since Media 10 acquired the show in 2011
- Last year, the total number of exhibitors also rose to 450