Event-Crew, based in Bondi Junction (six kilometres east of Sydney) is an Australian agency that provides hosts for all kind events: cultural, business, social or educational. We've been talking to Timea Ridly, the managing director, to know more about them and about their job. So if you are thinking on exhibit soon on the area, don't forget how important is to hire a qualified staff.
What does a hostess bring to an exhibition stand?
They bring unique and uniform appearance to the exhibition stand. Because they are moving around they also bring it to life and enliven with their knowledge, coruscating attitude and make customers come to the stand, stay there to get all the knowledge you’d like them to have and leave with memorable experience. Fast and effective problem solving and soothing in any case. THINKING! Hostesses are able to trigger your customers to think in a different aspect.
As an exhibitor, give me some reasons to hire a hostess agency
- Hostesses can work without supervision if a proper training provided and you are free to continue your business as usual.
- You are able make sure all your prospective customer strolling around will be addressed with a message you’d like to impart by a representative hostess.
- You’d like to form and show a professional design of the whole.
- You’d like your customers to be treated as great as you can in a helpful and warm environment.
Give me three tips in order to select the right hostess agency
- RFP: References, Flexibility, Professionalism. I would recommend to ask the agency's previous customers about their experience with the agency.
- Flexibility means that the hostess agency can accommodate all your special requests even in a short notice.
- Professionalism means that you can rely on the agency because the management shows and expects professionalism in their business attitude. If they do that the hostesses will do the same for you.
Tell me why I should choose your agency?
Event-Crew Australia is a professional hostess agency for various events/conferences/exhibition with a wide range of experience in multiple cities across Australia.
As reference we are very proud of our success at Rotary International Convention in 2014 where we provided more than 80 hostesses for different positions.
As our flexibility we were able to accommodate almost all requests what our clients asked us to manage. There were quite a few of them with a very short notice and we were still able to organize/re-organize everything for them. We are happy to provide client testimonials on request.
What qualities are you looking for in a hostess?
It is important to have excellent customer service skills, to speak languages, presentable attitude, reliability, to be able to work without supervision.
Our hostesses also have very good problem solving skills. We do situational exercise when we do an interview with a hostess applicant and we make sure she/he meets our requirements.
Which are the 5 most relevant trade fairs in your city?
- Reed Gift Fairs (4 cities).
- Home and Gift Fair
- Jewellery Fair
- Business and Franchise Expo
- Fitness Fair