1. How to select a hostesses agencies?
The best way to pick the best Hostess & Promo agency is to make sure the agency has positive feedback from previous clients and proof of previous work, such as images from shows...
2. What a hostess brings to a trade show stand?
Hostesses should always be professional, hard working and make sure the client is happy at all times. So this is what a hostess suppose to bring to your stand: professionalism and personal attention.
3. Three tips you would give to the entrepreneur when he has to choose a hostesses agency.
- Check the agency feedback and previous work
- Ensure they are local to your event
- Never pay any upfront fees to hire staff from a Hostess agencies
4. Which basic knowledge you think a hostess needs to work on Hospitality Show? (languages, specific knowledges…)
A hostess should always be on time, prompt, polite and hard working. Using a mobile phone is a big no for any client as well as chewing a gum. These are the main things any client will look at and its a rather negative feedback for any agency, if their hostess is seen breaking the above rules. Additional languages always help, especially Spanish, German and French, for Technology Conferences and show, knowledge of technology is a big advantage.
5. Which are, on your own opinion, the most difficult part of working on a trade show? And the advantages?
I think the biggest difficulty for hostesses and promotional staff is always standing up all day, sometimes shows can go on for 7-10 days and the hours are long. Early 9am start with finish at 6pm.